product description page
Food Safety in the 21st Century : Public Health Perspective (Paperback)
about this item
Food Safety in the 21st Century: Public Health Perspective is an important reference for anyone currently working in the food industry or those entering the industry. It provides realistic, practical, and very usable information about key aspects of food safety, while also systematically approaching the matter of foodborne illness by addressing the intricacies of both prevention and control.
This book discusses ways to assess risk and to employ epidemiological methods to improve food safety. In addition, it also describes the regulatory context that shapes food safety activities at the local, national, and international levels and looks forward to the future of food safety.
- Provides the latest research and developments in the field of food safety
- Incorporates practical, real-life examples for risk reduction
- Includes specific aspects of food safety and the risks associated with each sector of the food chain, from food production, to food processing and serving
- Describes various ways in which epidemiologic principles are applied to meet the challenges of maintaining a safe food supply in India and how to reduce disease outbreaks
- Presents practical examples of foodborne disease incidents and their root causes to highlight pitfalls in food safety management