product description page
Football Stadiums : A Guide to Professional and Top College Stadiums - by Lew Freedman (Paperback)
About this item
"Freedman's book is distinctive owing to its treatment of pro venues... Many of the color photographs are generously laid out. A nice compendium that conveniently brings together some arcane facts and particulars, this cross between a reference book and a pictorial work will appeal to hard-core football fans."
-- Library Journal
Fully updated to include the recent changes to NFL home stadiums, Football Stadiums tells the stories of 140 great stadiums standing across the United States that have hosted pro football or college football play. These are the home fields of NFL franchises and college teams and as such are a source of endless fascination, research and discussion. They carry vivid memories of victories and losses, and remind spectators of their home town or college life. To loyal fans, they are hallowed ground and the even the destination of pilgrimages.
The new stadiums included are:
- Atlanta Falcons have left the Georgia Dome for the new Mercedes-Benz Stadium, opened 2017
- Minnesota Vikings have left Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome for the new U.S. Bank Stadium, opened 2016
- Los Angeles Rams were at the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis, temporarily, and have moved, again temporarily, to the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, while their new stadium is under construction
- San Francisco 49ers, no longer at the storied Candlestick Park, are at Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara
- San Diego Chargers have left Qualcomm Stadium for temporary quarters in L.A.'s StubHub Center while the new stadium is under construction.
Americans love football. Lambeau Field, home of the Green Bay Packers, has been called "a shrine to pro football." It takes just over 73,000 fans to fill its seats yet more than 81,000 names are on the season-ticket waiting list. The average wait time is 30 years. Lambeau is just one of America's many stadiums that embody the spirit of the game. Football Stadiums is a loving tribute to the sport's greatest shrines.