product description page
Foundations of Crime Analysis : Data, Analyses, and Mapping - (Paperback)
About this item
In recent years, the fields of crime analysis and environmental criminology have grown in prominence for their advancements made in understanding crime. This book offers a theoretical and methodological introduction to crime analysis, covering the main techniques used in the analysis of crime and the foundation of crime mapping. Coverage includes discussions of:
- The development of crime analysis and the profession of the crime analyst,
- The theoretical roots of crime analysis in environmental criminology,
- Pertinent statistical methods for crime analysis,
- Spatio-temporal applications of crime analysis,
- Crime mapping and the intersection of crime analysis and police work,
- Future directions for crime analysis.
Packed with case studies and including examples of specific problems faced by crime analysts, this book offers the perfect introduction to the analysis and investigation of crime. It is essential reading for students taking courses on crime analysis, crime mapping, crime prevention, and environmental criminology. A companion website offers further resources for students, including flashcards and video and website links. For instructors, it includes chapter-by-chapter PowerPoint slides.