About this item
Foundations of Health Information Management, 4th Edition is an absolutemust for any student beginning a career in HIM. Balancing comprehensive coverage with an engaging, easy-to-understand tone, this text focuses on healthcare delivery systems, electronic health records, and the processing, maintenance, and analysis of health information to present a realistic and practical view of technology and trends in healthcare. It prepares you for the role of a Registered Health Information Technician who not only files and keeps accurate records, but serves as a healthcare analyst who translates data into useful, quality information that can control costs and further research. With new SimChart and SimChart for the Medical Office samples, the new 2014 AHIMA outcome-based competencies, and more exercises, this fourth edition puts you in a position to succeed on the RHIT certification exam.
- Clear writing style and easy reading level makes reading and studying more time-efficient, and is ideal for two-year associate degree HIM programs and career schools.
- Chapter learning objectives are tied to the American Health Information Management Association's (AHIMA) HIM domains and subdomains to allow instructors to teach to the credentialing exam - and prepare you for the exam.
- Separate legal chapter covers HIPAA privacy regulations and emphasizes the importance of HIPAA compliance in today's healthcare system.
- Statistics chapter gives new students a foundation for learning.
- Four-color design and illustrations make content more appealing and easier to learn.
- Exercises at the end of every main section in each chapter encourage you to review and apply key concepts.
- Career Tip and Professional Profile boxes give you a broader view of the field and show you the many career options you have upon graduation and certification.
- Chapter summaries and reviews allow for easy review of each chapter's main concepts.
- Robust appendices, including sample paper records, electronic documentation, and demonstration of Microsoft Excel, equip you with all the extras you need to enter the HIM world.
- NEW! Content mapped to 2014 AHIMA CEE competencies and domains so you can prepare for the current health information environment and the RHIT exam.
- NEW!SimChart and SimChart for the Medical Office samples feature screenshots from EHRs to demonstrate electronic medical records in use.
- NEW! More exercises give you additional opportunities to practice your knowledge of material.
- NEW!AHIMA competency mappingincluded in the front of book to provide instructors and students with instant access to the AHIMA domains and competencies needed to prepare for the RHIT exam.
- NEW! Classroom