product description page
Functional Neurologic Disorders (Vol 137) (Hardcover)
about this item
Functional Neurological Disorders, the latest volume in the Handbook of Clinical Neurology series, summarizes the state-of-the-art findings on this class of psychiatric disorders, both to inform current practice and to point the direction for new research efforts. This volume offers an historical introduction, chapters on epidemiology and pathophysiolology, a large section on actual symptoms (ranging from psychogenic non-epileptic seizures, to movement disorders, to sensory and cognitive disorders), and then concluding with approaches to therapy.
This group of internationally acclaimed experts in neurology, psychiatry, and neuroscience represent a broad spectrum of areas of expertise, chosen for their ability to write clearly and concisely with an eye toward a clinical audience. This HCN volume sets a new standard for comprehensive, multi-authored works dealing with functional neurological disorders.
- Offers a comprehensive approach for the care of patients with neurofunctional symptoms, leading to more efficient prevention, management, and treatment
- Provides an interdisciplinary approach that can be applied in everyday clinics and research efforts
- Fills an existing gap between traditional neurology and traditional psychiatry
- Contents include coverage of history, epidemiology, symptoms, and therapy
- Edited work with chapters authored by leaders in the field, the broadest, most expert coverage available