product description page
Fundamental Statistics for the Social and Behavioral Sciences - by Howard T. Tokunaga (Paperback)
About this item
Fundamental Statistics for the Social and Behavioral Sciences, SecondEditionplaces statistics within the research process, illustrating how they are used to answer questions and test ideas. Students learn not only how to calculate statistics, but also how to interpret and communicate the results of statistical analyses in light of a study’s research hypothesis. Featuring accessible writing and well-integrated research examples, the book gives students a greater understanding of how research studies are conceived, conducted, and communicated.
New and Proven Features
- Updated data sets and research examples address real-world issues and topics across the social and behavioral sciences, illustrating the use of statistical procedures to test research questions and hypotheses.
- Significantly expanded discussion of linear and multiple regression and correlation now gives regression its own separate chapter.
- Thorough presentation of formulas, hand calculations, and the presentation of visual data enable mastery of key techniques and prove especially helpful in flipped or online classes.
- In-chapter learning checks and end-of-chapter exercises give students an opportunity to continually assess their understanding.
- Screenshots of statistical calculations using IBM® SPSS® Statistics at the end of chapters help students learn to use SPSS software and interpret output.
- Original SAGE videos for each chapter, featuring author Howard K. Tokunaga, bring concepts to life and appeal to diverse learners.