product description page
Fundamentals for Becoming a Successful Entrepreneur : From Business Idea to Launch and Management
about this item
This is the complete, modern guide to every facet of creating a successful new venture, from identifying and evaluating opportunities to effectively exploiting them. Using examples from real-life entrepreneurs, Alan L. Carsrud guides you all nine key pieces of the entrepreneurial puzzle: the individual, entrepreneurial team, opportunity, business concept, revenue model, resource acquisition, launch, execution, and growth.
Fundamentals for Becoming a Successful Entrepreneur thoroughly discusses entrepreneurial mindsets, motivation, attitudes, and leadership, and covers the entire process of starting a company from business idea through the first four years of operations. You’ll learn how to:
- Recognize, define, test and exploit business opportunities
- Develop business ideas into business concepts with revenue models that create value and can be profitably sustained
- Determine your concept’s feasibility through industry, market, trend, economic, breakeven, and risk analyses
- Establish a proper ethical and legal foundation for the business concept
- Succinctly and effectively demonstrate your concept’s viability to a potential funder
- Organize and manage human and social capital -- including resources provided by your family
Throughout, Carsrud offers entrepreneurship techniques and approaches you can use in many ways: to build your own profitable new venture, create a successful non-profit, make a public agency more effective, transform your current organization, or succeed as a self-employed professional.