product description page
Future Agenda for Internationalization in Higher Education : Next Generation Insights into Research,
about this item
The internationalization of higher education is a world-wide phenomenon, subject to multiple interpretations at national, institutional and individual levels. Still, much of the mainstream literature on this topic is concentrated on a small number of countries and a narrow range of key topics.
To address this gap, The Future Agenda for Internationalization in Higher Education offers a broader set of perspectives from outside the dominant English-speaking and Western European paradigms, while simultaneously focusing on dimensions of internationalization that are known to be under-researched. Additionally, the editors give primacy to next generation perspectives, not only to amplify our current understanding of key issues around the world, but also to shine a light on possible future agendas for this important aspect of contemporary higher education.
The notions of new modes, new topics, and new contexts frame the analysis, providing new pathways for exploring and understanding distinct aspects of this crucially important phenomenon in higher education around the world. Key topics covered include:
- the current state of research and analysis on the internationalization of higher education
- aspects of internationalization and international activities which have not previously been explored or have limited current exposure
- how research into internationalization is conducted, showcasing innovative methodological practices
- a synthesis of common themes and differences in relation to the future agenda of topics, modes and contexts for internationalization
- an identification of key areas for future research
A thoughtful guide for considering the many possible directions ahead for internationalization in higher education, The Future Agenda for Internationalization in Higher Education is essential reading for academic researchers and graduate students, as well as international education practitioners and leaders keen to make sense of evolving trends in this field.