product description page
Gahart's 2018 Intravenous Medications : A Handbook for Nurses and Health Professionals (Paperback) (R.N.
about this item
Learn to administer more than 400 intravenous drugs safely and effectively with the #1 IV drug handbook! Now in its 34th edition, Gahart's 2018Intravenous Medications: A Handbook for Nurses and Health Professionals continues to be a trusted resource for its accuracy, quick-reference format, and comprehensive coverage of IV drugs. The latest edition includes approximately 15 important new drug monographs, along with updates to existing monographs. Each drug listing includes its generic name, trade name(s), drug category, pH, dosages and dose adjustments, dilution, incompatibilities, rate of administration, actions, indications and uses, contraindications, precautions, drug/lab interactions, side effects, and antidote. This user-friendly book contains all of the clinically relevant information you'll need for the safe administration of IV drugs.
- UNIQUE! Annual publication ensures that information includes the most recently approved IV drugs, as well as updated information on more than 400 existing drugs.
- 40-year history of impeccable accuracy reinforces the importance of safe IV drug administration.
- UNIQUE! Time-tested, easy-to-use page layout keeps all dosage information for each drug on either a single page or a two-page spread to prevent hand contamination by having to turn a page.
- Black Box Warnings and key content highlighted tomake locating key information fast and easy.
- Dilution and dosage charts within monographs provide quick access to essential clinical information.
- Convenient, alphabetical format organizes all drug monographs by generic name, allowing you to find any drug in seconds.
- Do Not ConfuseWith information is added at the top of each applicable monograph to enhance medication safety.
- Reorganized drug side effects reflect the latest information on frequency, seriousness, and other important considerations.
- Alphabetical thumb tabs on the left-hand pages make it easier to look up drug monographs.
- Special circumstances highlighted in blue-screened text call attention to important circumstances that may not warrant black box warnings.
- Age-specific dosage variances are highlighted for geriatric, pediatric, infant, and neonatalpatients.
- NEW! Approximately 15 new drug monographs provide current, clinically relevant drug information for new IV drugs recently approved by the FDA.
- NEW! Updated drug monographs throughout reflect the latest changes in IV drug therapy.