product description page
Gender, Crime and Criminal Justice - by Sandra L. Walklate & Kate Fitz-gibbon (Hardcover)
about this item
This book examines the relationship between gender and crime and explores both the gendered nature of crime alongside the gendered nature of criminal victimisation. Covering theory, policy and practice, this new edition has been fully revised to reflect the wider changes, development and influence of gendered thinking in these areas. It brings together a range of key issues, including:
- Theories and concepts in feminist criminology,
- Gender and victimisation,
- Sexual and domestic violence,
- Male dominance in the criminal justice system,
- Gendered perspectives in law and criminal justice policy.
New to the third edition is increased coverage of gender and crime in international perspective, particularly within the global south, and emerging concepts of risk and security. This is essential reading for advanced courses on gender and crime, women and crime and feminist criminology.