product description page
Gender : Psychological Perspectives (Paperback) (Linda Brannon)
about this item
Gender: Psychological Perspectives synthesizes the latest research on gender to help students think critically about the differences between research findings and stereotypes, provoking them to examine and revise their own preconceptions. The text examines the behavioral, biological, and social context in which women and men express gendered behaviors. The text’s unique pedagogical program helps students understand the portrayal of gender in the media and the application of gender research in the real world. Headlines from the news open each chapter to engage the reader. Gendered Voices present true personal accounts of people's lives. According to the Media boxes highlight gender-related coverage in newspapers, magazines, books, TV, and movies, while According to the Research boxes offerthe latest scientifically based research to help students analyze the accuracy and fairness of gender images presented in the media. Additionally, Considering Diversity sections emphasize the cross-cultural perspective of gender.
This text is intended for undergraduate or graduate courses on the psychology of gender, psychology of sex, psychology of women or men, gender issues, sex roles, women in society, and women’s or men’s studies. It is also applicable to sociology and anthropology courses on diversity.
Seventh Edition Highlights:
- 12 new headlines on topics ranging from gender and the Flynn effect to gender stereotyping that affects men
- Coverage of gender issues in aging adults and transgendered individuals
- Expanded coverage of diversity issues in the US and around the globe, including the latest research from China, Japan, and Europe
- More tables, figures, and photos to provide summaries of text in an easy-to-absorb format
- End-of-chapter summaries and glossary
- Suggested readings for further exploration of chapter topics
- Companion website at www.routledge.com/cw/Brannon containing both instructor and student resources