product description page
Geography - by Helen Harris (Hardcover)
about this item
The SEND Code of Practice (2015) reinforced the requirement that all teachers must meet the needs of all learners. This topical book provides practical, tried and tested strategies and resources that will support teachers in making geography lessons accessible and interesting for all pupils, including those with special needs. The author draws on a wealth of experience to share her understanding of individual needs and show how the geography teacher can reduce or remove any barriers to learning.
Offering strategies that are specific to the context of geography teaching, this book will enable teachers to:
- ensure all pupils are able to participate in every lesson;
- provide inclusive fieldwork opportunities that take into consideration the needs of all pupils;
- use formative assessments to measure learning and inform planning;
- plan the classroom layout and display to enhance learning;
- successfully use the support of their teaching assistants.
An invaluable tool for continuing professional development, this text will be essential for middle school and secondary geography teachers (and their teaching assistants) who are committed to creating an inclusive learning environment for all pupils, regardless of their individual needs. The book will also be of interest to SENCOs and Inclusion Managers, Curriculum Co-ordinators, senior management teams and ITT providers.
Full of practical ideas and inspiration, and supported by free online resources, this is an essential tool for geography teachers and teaching assistants who want to deliver successful, inclusive lessons for all pupils.