product description page
Getting to Calm : Cool-headed Strategies for Parenting Tweens + Teens - (Paperback)
About this item
Now more useful than ever, Getting to Calm has been revised and updated with new research and fresh insights into successful parent-teen relationships.
Getting to Calm is a practical, realistic and ultimately reassuring guide to navigating one of the most challenging aspects of parenting today—staying calm and clearheaded during 14 of the most common hot-button situations that arise during the teen years, including:
- When your teen is rude and sarcastic
- When your smart teen gets into trouble with social media
- When teen problems drive a wedge between you and your spouse
- When your teen is acting like a spoiled brat
- When you’re worried you’re losing your teen
- When teens are mean
With humor, wisdom and a deep understanding of the teenage brain, Drs. Laura S. Kastner and Jennifer Wyatt provide clear and useful tools for parents, giving them effective new ways to manage their own emotions in the heat of the moment with their teen while maintaining—and even gaining—closeness.