product description page
Global Economic Issues and Policies (Paperback) (Joseph P. Daniels & David D. VanHoose)
About this item
This introduction to all aspects of international economics, business and finance is the clearest guide available to the economics of the world we live in. Written in a highly engaging style, packed full of up-to-the minute, real-world case studies and pitched at introductory level, the book does an expert job of drawing students in and will leave them equipped with a comprehensive toolkit of methods and essential facts.
Now in its fourth edition, Global Economic Issues and Policies reflects continuing changes in the world economy and in the analysis of international economics. Chapter introductions, pedagogy and data have all been thoroughly updated throughout, including the addition of a new ‘Issues & Policies Notebook’ feature. Key topics for expansion and revision include:
- Evolution of Comparative Advantage
- Import Quotas and Subsidies
- Services in Regional and Multilateral Trade Agreements
- Balance of Payments Accounting
- Unconventional Central Bank Policies
- Territorial versus Worldwide Taxation and "Tax Inversions"
- The role of Foreign Exchange Markets and Exchange-Rate Arrangements
- Public Policy Issues in International Money and Finance
The text, which also offers a comprehensive companion website, is suitable for any introductory module in international economics and business, whether taught as part of an economics, business or international studies program. The text is also the ideal MBA level introduction to the global economy.