product description page
Global Health : An Introduction to Current and Future Trends (Hardcover) (Kevin Mccracken & David R.
about this item
Global Health, 2nd edition continues to provide readers with a comprehensive, up-to-date and thought-provoking outline and understanding of the constantly evolving global health landscape. In this new edition, the authors have maintained the successful structure and organisation of the book to examine and explain recent health changes and consider likely future patterns. New topics covered include:
- emerging and re-emerging infectious disease threats (e.g. MERS-CoV, Avian influenza A(H7N9), Ebola and polio)
- increasing awareness of and interest in antibiotic/microbial resistance and superbugs
- terrorism, global conflict and health
- the end of the Millennium Development Goals period (1990-2015) and the place of health in the post-2015 UN sustainable development agenda
- global environmental change and health prospects
- the use of information technology in enhancing (and in some cases diminishing) global health (e.g. eHealth and mHealth; social media)
Using clear and original explanations of complex issues, this text makes extensive use of boxed case studies and international examples, with thought-provoking discussion questions posed for readers at the end of each chapter. Global Health is essential reading for students of global health, public health and development studies.