product description page
God Heard Their Cry : 5 Lessons on Finding Freedom in the Midst of Life's Trials (Leader's Guide)
about this item
This five-session small group Bible study, God Heard Their Cry, by noted teacher and historian, Ray Vander Laan, is volume eight of the 12-part That the World May Know filmed-on-location DVD and Discovery Guide series. Vander Laan illustrates how, in ancient times, nothing was bigger than Egypt… powerful pharaohs, strong armies, and a multitude of gods. God’s people were no match against the Egyptians. In this volume of That the World May Know , discover how God answers the cry of his persecuted people and proclaims himself Lord to them and their oppressors. Filmed on location in Israel, That the World May Know is a unique video series that brings God's Word to life with astounding relevance. By weaving together the Bible's fascinating historical, cultural, religious, and geographical contexts, teacher and historian Ray Vander Laan reveals unique insights into the Scriptures' significance for modern believers.
- Focuses on passages of Scripture explored in the DVD
- Includes sidebars, maps, photos and other study tools
- Features questions that facilitate discussion and inspire personal reflection
- Includes 25 personal Bible studies to help you deepen your learning experience between sessions, and turn lessons from the past into applications that impact how you live out your faith today.
Filmed on location in Luxor, Egypt; Deir al Medina, Ramesseum, and the Red Sea, these illuminating "faith lessons" afford a new understanding of the Bible that will ground your convictions and transform your life. The That the World May Know video series is ideal for use in small groups, personal and family Bible studies, and adult Sunday school. Individual believers and families will gain vital insights from long-ago times and cultures through this innovative approach to Bible study.
This DVD is designed for use with the God Heard Their Cry Discovery Guide (sold separately).
- How Big Is our God? – Filmed in Luxor, Egypt
- Israel in ******: God Heard Their Cry – Filmed at Dier al Medina
- Finger of God: The Plagues – Filmed at Ramesseum
- Watch with Me: Israel Leaves Egypt – Filmed at the Red Sea
- The Lord Reigns: The Red Sea – Filmed at the Red Sea