About this item
- Control from anywhere with the app - With the Nest app, your thermostat lives on your wall and in your pocket. Adjust the temperature from the app, and the Nest Learning Thermostat adjusts quickly back at home.
- Save at home and away - The Nest Learning Thermostat can use sensors and your phone’s location to check if you’ve left, then sets itself to an Eco Temperature to save energy.
- Programs itself - Learns your schedule and the temperatures you like and programs itself to help you save energy and stay comfortable.
- Heating and cooling system care - HVAC monitoring looks out for many heating and cooling system issues. If something doesn’t seem right, it can send you an alert.* If you need to replace your air filter, you’ll get a reminder.
- Most people install it in 60 minutes or less - It’s easy to install. Everything you need comes in the box. And Nest thermostats are designed to work without a C wire in most homes.
- See how much you saved - With Energy History, just check your phone to see how much energy you used and why, or use Quick View on the display to reach Energy History, thermostat settings, or your schedule.
- Works with the Nest Temperature Sensor (sold separately) - Most homes aren’t the same temperature in every room. With the Nest Temperature Sensor, you can let your Nest Learning Thermostat know which room should be a certain temperature at a certain time of day.
- Support a clean energy future, right from home - Nest Renew from Google works with your compatible Nest thermostat to help you automatically prioritize usage to when energy is cleaner or less expensive.**
- *Alerts can notify you of a potential issue with an eligible HVAC system. They’re meant to provide helpful information, not an endorsement, representation, or warranty of any kind about the health of your HVAC system. Alerts aren’t intended to replace a diagnosis by a qualified HVAC professional. **Nest Renew requires 3rd generation Nest Learning Thermostat, Nest Thermostat E, or the newest Nest Thermostat (sold separately), connected to a Google account. Only available in areas served by major continental US grids. Only available for customers on certain electric utility time-of-use rates. Learn more at support.google.com/googlenest/answer/11156316.
Nest Renew from Google makes it easy to support clean energy, right from your home. It works with your compatible Nest thermostat to help you automatically prioritize your usage to times when energy is cleaner or less expensive. Nest Renew is free to join, and helps you track the positive difference you’re making to the environment and communities across the country. And for $10 a month, extend your positive impact even further by matching the fossil fuel electricity used in your home with enough clean energy to cover the average U.S. household. Because when we each do a little, it can add up to a lot.
Disclaimers: Nest Renew requires 3rd generation Nest Learning Thermostat, Nest Thermostat E, or the newest Nest Thermostat (sold separately), connected to a Google account. Nest Renew available in select locations - see g.co/nest/reloc for more information. Adjustments only shift electricity usage from your heating and cooling. Only available in areas served by major continental US grids, visit g.co/nest/repwr for more information. Only available for customers on certain electric utility time-of-use rates, visit g.co/nest/retou to check availability. Learn how this is done with renewable energy credits at g.co/nest/ecred. Nest Renew will be purchasing RECs from wind and solar plants in the United States. The majority of these RECs will come from our flagship project Bethel Wind in Castro County, TX, with the remainder coming from US solar.
Q: Is this the Nest Generation 3 Thermostat. It doesn't seem that way from the pictures.
A: It's the 3rd generation. You have to click on item details and it tells you everything about the product...submitted byBlondie32 - 7 years ago
A: There are NO details on model number under description - very irresponsible to not include this info anywheresubmitted byBoo - 3 years ago
A: I believe it is 3rd Generation, per Nest's support article "How can I tell which Nest Learning Thermostat I have". The way to tell from the pictures is the screen. The 3rd generation has a 3.25 in. screen, while the 2nd generation has a 2.75 in. screen. However, just eyeballing it wasn't enough for me to be able to tell. I was able to tell from the line at the bottom of the screen (it's barely visible on the picture where the screen reads 72); 3rd generation has that line with slight curvature, while 2nd generation has that line straight. Having said that, it seems irresponsible to have customers play detective in order to figure this out. Target should list this on the product page.submitted byCarlos - 7 years ago
Q: Does this work with amazon products such as alexa
A: Yes. Is your Google broken?submitted byNo - 6 years ago
A: Yes! You add the nest to your skills and link it to Alex through the app or voice.submitted byWhitney - 6 years ago
Q: What is the warranty
A: Hi there! Nest Learning Thermostat has a 1-year limited warranty from the date of original retail purchase.submitted byNest Support - 11 months agoBrand expert
Q: what is in the box, specifically the larger trim kit to cover older rectangular thermostat installs?
A: Thanks for your interest, Yatzie. The box includes the following items with every purchase of the Nest Learning Thermostat: - Nest thermostat display - Nest thermostat base - Trim plate - Steel plate - Mounting screws and wire labels - Nest screwdriver - Installation Guide - Welcome Guide Also, the Nest thermostat Trim Plate is designed to cover any imperfections on the wall from removing your old thermostat, where you may need to cover up holes or marks left behind by your previous thermostat. Visit the Google Nest Help center to learn more on how to install a trim plate.submitted byNest Support - 11 months agoBrand expert
Q: Does it measures humidity ?
A: The Nest Learning Thermostat is the fully-featured model of all Nest thermostats. It has a 10-wire configuration which makes it compatible with up to 95% of the 24 V HVAC systems in the US. It supports up to 3-Stage Heating (W1, W2 & W3) and 2-Stage Cooling (Y1 & Y2), including support for humidifiers and dehumidifiers, and dual transformer HVAC systems. Nest Learning Thermostat has a humidity sensor that measures the amount of water in the air (relative humidity). It detects ambient humidity for comfort optimization and control of whole-home humidifiers. We recommend using our Compatibility Checker tool first to verify if your system is compatible, or you may contact our support team to assist you via the Google Nest Help page.submitted byNest Support - 2 years agoBrand expert
Q: Does this require a C wire?
A: Nest thermostats would generally work without a common(C) wire, though some systems such as the ones that can’t deliver enough power, gas valves, boilers, and zone or relay panels require a common(C) wire to work with Nest thermostats. For more info or to contact our support team, you can visit the Google Nest Help page.submitted byNest Support - 2 years agoBrand expert
Q: Does this thermostat have heat contol setting as well?
A: Yes. You can run your system’s fan independently of heating or cooling using Nest Learning Thermostat, but they only work with 24V systems. We recommend using our Compatibility Checker tool to see if your system is compatible with Nest Learning Thermostat when you visit the Google Nest Help page.submitted byNest Support - 3 years agoBrand expert
Q: I have an Miller heating and A/C unit it has Wires hooked to " G,RC,RH,Y/O,W/B " on a HUNTER t-stat will the nest work on my unit?
A: Nest Learning Thermostat works with 95% of 24V heating and cooling systems, including gas, electric, forced air, heat pump, radiant, oil, hot water, solar, and geothermal.submitted byNest Support - 4 years agoBrand expert
Q: My house has zoned heating. Will this item work as a zoned compatible thermostat?
A: Nest Learning Thermostat is compatible with zoned systems, including zoned systems with dampers. However, there are some zoned systems that require a common (C) wire to work with Nest Learning Thermostat.submitted byNest Support - 4 years agoBrand expert
Q: Is this the best with WiFi
A: Nest Learning Thermostat offers many unique and useful features when it is connected to your home Wi-Fi although you can also use Nest Learning Thermostat as a manual disconnected thermostat. Some of the features you can enjoy with a Wi-Fi connected Nest Learning Thermostat are Home-Away Assist, controlling your thermostat remotely in the free Nest app, sending you alerts in case of a temperature emergency, and joining smart home on Google Home.submitted byNest Support - 4 years agoBrand expert