About this item
Graphic Lives is a series of highly engaging graphic novels for young people who may need counselling and psychotherapy. Each book introduces the difficulties faced by a teenage character and follows them as they travel on their therapeutic journey with a skilled and creative therapist.
The key aims of these books are:
- to demystify counselling and psychotherapy so that it is more appealing and accessible to young people
- to destigmatise emotional and mental health problems so that young people are better able to accept help
- to encourage young people to embark upon their own healing journeys, equipped with the sense that there is a way forward.
The books included in the set are:
- Graphic Lives: Essential Support Guide - ISBN 9781909301658
- Graphic Lives: Ava (A Graphic Novel for Young Adults Dealing with an Eating Disorder) - ISBN 9781909301634
- Graphic Lives: Hari (A Graphic Novel for Young Adults Dealing with Anxiety) - ISBN 9781909301641
- Graphic Lives: Lexi (A Graphic Novel for Young Adults Dealing with Self-Harm) - ISBN 9781909301665