product description page
Guide to Mastery in Clinical Nursing : The Comprehensive Reference - (Paperback)
About this item
Designed for both new registered nurses and nurses transitioning to a new clinical area, this extensive clinical reference is the only resource to provide essential information on more than 300 topics from 11 specialty areas. Concise and practical entries provide fundamental coverage of the most common clinical problems and issues encountered in nursing practice today. Key leaders in clinical content areas authored content on emergency and critical care, geriatric nursing, health systems and health promotion, medical surgical nursing, neonatal nursing, nurse anesthesia, obstetrics and women’s health, palliative care, perioperative nursing, pediatric nursing, and psychiatric mental health nursing.
Alphabetized for easy access, each entry includes a definition and description of the clinical problem, etiology, nursing assessment, related problems, interventions, nursing management and evaluation, and safety considerations. The Considerations section of each topic focuses on the role of the nurse throughout the treatment process, and discusses the role of other health care providers with a focus on multidisciplinary treatment. Intended primarily for university and hospital libraries, A Guide to Mastery in Clinical Nursing will also be of value to nursing faculty, undergraduate and graduate-level nurses and nursing students at all levels.
- Provides essential information on over 300 clinical topics from 11 specialty areas
- Offers key knowledge for nurses new to practice or working in an unfamiliar nursing area
- Presented in a consistent format for ease of use
- Includes an overview of each specialty area
- Focuses on the role of the nurse throughout the treatment process
- Written and edited by expert clinicians and educators in each clinical area