product description page
Guided Participation in Pediatric Nursing Practice : Relationship-Based Teaching and Learning With
About this item
The first book about Guided Participation written for nurses
This authoritative publication delivers an in-depth examination of Guided Participation (GP), a dynamic process of teaching and learning that helps others become competent by providing expertise through working alongside the learner. For the nurse specifically, this means educating and working alongside parents and children within an environment that supports health. Consistent with client- and family-centered practice, this fresh approach to nurse/client teaching is drawn from a broad span of disciplines, including education, social and cultural anthropology, relationship-based attachment-caregiving theory, and developmental science.
Written for students and practitioners who wish to incorporate GP into their practice, and for managers, administrators, and policy makers who support its implementation, this resource demonstrates the value of GP as a new and emerging health care model that integrates care across health care settings. The text describes, step-by-step, how to practice GP and discusses support systems to maintain GP past the initial treatment. With abundant case studies, examples and research findings, chapters analyze how GP can promote health, prevent acute and chronic illness, and adjust old patterns of living and behaviors.
- Includes video clips that illustrate how guided participation is applied in a variety of clinical practice settings
- Provides access to self-directed online instruction
- Links to online journal, case studies, additional chapters, and references
- Features downloadable parent checklists and teaching guides
- Discusses effective application of Guided Participation to all aspects of pediatric nursing care in a variety of practice settings
- Includes numerous case studies and examples with specific components identified to help readers learn theory and related concepts
- Print version of the book includes, free, searchable, digital access to the entire contents of the book!