product description page
Guidelines for Nursing Excellence in the Care of Children, Youth, and Families (Paperback) (Cecily L.
About this item
This distinguished title, written by nationally recognized nursing experts in health care and pediatrics, delivers the most current evidence-based practice standards and their application. These guidelines, developed through systematic consensus-building led by the American Academy of Nursing’s Child, Adolescent and Family Expert Panel, incorporates the wisdom of 17 professional nursing and health care organizations regarding the core elements of pediatric nursing excellence. This second edition contains substantial updates to all guidelines based on the most current research evidence and demonstrates how best to apply the guidelines to nursing practice.
Disseminating the gold standard of care for infants, children, adolescents, and families, this text addresses access to health care, genetic assessment and counseling, culturally responsive care, care for children and youth with disabilities, and other timely topics. Each chapter breaks down a guideline into its definition, history, and implications for clinical, education, policy, and research in nursing practice. Culminating the chapters are case studies based around the analyzed guideline, illustrating how the guideline should be employed in nursing practice. Supplemental online files provide additional resources that readers can use to apply these guidelines to nursing practice. Guidelines for Nursing Excellence in the Care of Children, Youth, and Families is an invaluable resource for pediatric nurses, nursing students, nursing educators, nursing administrators, pediatric and family nurse practitioners, advanced practice nurses, nursing clinicians in public health, school nurses, and nurse researchers.
NEW TO THE SECOND EDITION:
- Significant updates to all 17 guidelines based on the latest research evidence
- Contributions by five new nursing and health care organizations
- A new chapter organizational framework incorporating useful pedagogical elements
- Examples of applications to education, research, policy, and clinical practice
- Includes online supplemental resources for qualified instructors
- Provides current pediatric practice standards formatted and endorsed by 17 leading professional nursing and health care organizations
- Includes content applicable to advanced practice nurses, educators, researchers, and consultants
- Includes learning objectives, description of guidelines, applications to practice, exemplars, references, and websites for additional resources