product description page
Hamric and Hanson's Advanced Practice Nursing : An Integrative Approach (Paperback) (Mary Fran Tracy &
about this item
Edited and written by a Who's Who of internationally known advanced practice nursing experts, Hamric and Hanson'sAdvanced Practice Nursing: An Integrative Approach, 6th Edition helps you develop an understanding of the various advanced practice registered nursing (APRN) roles. This bestselling textbook provides a clear, comprehensive, and contemporary introduction to advanced practice nursing today, addressing all major APRN competencies, roles, and issues. It covers topics ranging from the evolution of advanced practice nursing to evidence-based practice, leadership, ethical decision-making, and health policy. New to this edition is expanded coverage of interprofessional collaborative practice, updated coverage of APRN roles related to implementation of healthcare reform in the U.S., updated and expanded coverage of IOM and QSEN, a global focus on international advanced practice nursing, and much more!
- Coverage of all APN core competencies defines and describesall competencies, including direct clinical practice, guidance and coaching, consultation, evidence-based practice, leadership, collaboration, and ethical decision-making.
- Operationalizes and applies the APN core competencies to the major APN specialties including the Clinical Nurse Specialist, the Primary Care Nurse Practitioner, the Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, the Certified Nurse-Midwife, and the Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist.
- Content on managing APN environments addresses such factors as business planning and reimbursement; marketing, negotiating, and contracting; regulatory, legal, and credentialing requirements; health policy; and nursing outcomes and performance improvement research.
- UNIQUE! Exemplar boxes (case studies), including Day in the Life vignettes of each APN specialty, emphasize innovative practices and coverage of advanced practice roles.
- In-depth discussions of educational strategies for APN competency development show how nurses develop competencies as they progress into advanced practice.
- NEW and UNIQUE! Expanded coverage of interprofessional collaborative practice includes the latest Interprofessional Education Collaborative (IPEC) Core Competencies for Interprofessional Collaborative Practice.
- NEW! Updated coverage of APRN roles related to implementation of healthcare in the U.S. reflects current and anticipated changes in APRN roles related to healthcare reform.
- NEW! Coverage of IOM and QSEN hasbeen updated and expanded.
- NEW! Refocused International Development of Advanced Practice Nursing chapterhas been rewritten to be more global and inclusive in focus, to reflect the state of advanced practice nursing practice throughout all major regions of the world.
- NEW! Expanded content on the role of advanced practice nurses in teach