product description page
Handbook of Communication Engagement - by Kim Johnston & Maureen Taylor (Hardcover)
about this item
A comprehensive volume that offers the most current thinking on the practice and theory of engagement
With contributions from an international panel of leaders representing diverse academic and professional fields TheHandbook of Communication Engagement brings together in one volume writings on both the theory and practice of engagement in today’s organizations and societies. The expert contributors explore the philosophical, theoretical, and applied concepts of communication engagement as it pertains to building interaction and connections in a globalized, networked society.
TheHandbook of Communication Engagement is comprehensive in scope with case studies of engagement from various disciplines including public relations, marketing, advertising, employee relations, education, public diplomacy, and politics. The authors advance the current thinking in engagement theory, strategy, and practice and provide a review of foundational and emerging research in engagement topics. TheHandbook of Communication Engagement is an important text that:
- Provides an overview of the foundations and philosophies of engagement
- Identifies the contexts of engagement relating to specific areas across government and corporations, including CSR, consumer, activism, diplomacy, digital, and social impact
- Includes examples of contemporary engagement practice
- Presents applications of engagement and technology
- Offers insights on the future directions of engagement
TheHandbook of Communication Engagement offers an essential reference for advanced undergraduate, graduate students, practitioners and scholars from communication, media, advertising, public relations, public policy, and public diplomacy areas. The volume contains a compendium of the writings on the most recent advances on the theory and practice of engagement.