product description page
Handbook of Prostate Cancer and Other Genitourinary Malignancies (Paperback)
About this item
Handbook of Prostate Cancer and Other Genitourinary Malignancies provides a patient-centered, practical approach to diagnosis, treatment, and clinical management of cancers found in the genitourinary system. With the recent surge of newly available treatments, the new AJCC Staging guidelines from the 8th Edition and changes in approaches to care, remaining current and up-to-date can be extremely challenging for practicing oncologists, urologists, general practitioners and trainees.
The handbook discusses the standards and controversies of care for managing each genitourinary malignancy and stage of disease, including expert insight and recommendations for making treatment decisions from oncologists and urologists. Clearly marked key points emphasize the most important concepts in each chapter, while numerous tables and figures summarize and highlight important information for quick reference. Handbook of Prostate Cancer and Other Genitourinary Malignancies is an indispensable guide for all oncologists, urologists, and practitioners who regularly care for prostate cancer patients and patients with kidney cancer, bladder cancer, upper urothelial tract cancer, testicular cancer, or penile cancer.
- Delivers the need-to-know points of prostate cancer screening, including recommendations on how to assess severity, avoid misdiagnosis, and mitigate overtreatment of low-grade prostate cancer
- Provides clinical pearls and treatment recommendations for patients who don't "fit" the standard guidelines
- Covers all FDA-approved therapies for each genitourinary malignancy and indicates therapies that are in clinical trials
- Prepares physicians for challenging case scenarios and treatment decisions where controversies to clinical management persist
- Includes recommendations and best practices for follow up and survivorship care