About this item
Emotional intelligence has been shown to be more important than other competencies in determining outstanding leadership. Emotions drive some of our most critical professional interactions--whether you're inspiring your team to higher performance, persuading your boss to see something from your point of view, dealing with difficult colleagues, or managing your own stress level. Indeed, knowing how to manage emotions has become one of the crucial criteria in hiring and promotion.
This specially priced five-volume set includes books from the HBR Guide series on the topics of Emotional Intelligence, Office Politics, Dealing with Conflict, Managing Stress at Work, and Managing Up and Across.
You’ll learn how to:
- Monitor and channel your moods and reactions
- Determine your emotional intelligence strengths and weaknesses
- Deal with difficult people
- Understand when to resolve a conflict head-on--and when to let it go
- Influence others across the organization
- Build supportive alliances with coworkers and colleagues
- Handle workplace stress in productive ways
Arm yourself with the advice you need to succeed on the job with the most trusted brand in business. Packed with how-to essentials from leading experts, the HBR Guides provide smart answers to your most pressing work challenges.