product description page
HCPCS 2016 Level II : Includes Netter's Anatomy Art (Professional) (Paperback) (Carol J. Buck)
about this item
For quick, accurate, and efficient coding, pick this best-selling HCPCS professional reference! From coding expert Carol J. Buck,2016 HCPCS Level II, Professional Edition provides a spiral-bound, easy-to-use guide to the latest Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System codes. It helps you locate specific codes, comply with coding regulations, optimize reimbursement, report patient data, code Medicare cases, master ICD-10 coding, and more. This professional edition features a full-color design,Netter's Anatomy illustrations, dental codes, and ASC (Ambulatory Surgical Center) payment and status indicators.
- At-a-glance code listingsand distinctive symbols identify all new, revised, and deleted codes for 2016.
- UNIQUE! Full-color Netter's Anatomy illustrations clarify complex anatomic information and how it affects coding.
- The American Hospital AssociationCoding Clinic®for HCPCS citations provide a reference point for information about specific codes and their usage.
- Colorful design with color-coded tables makes locating and identifying codes faster and easier.
- American Dental Association (ADA) Current Dental Terminology codesets offer access to all dental codes in one place.
- Drug code annotations identify brand-name drugs as well as drugs that appear on the National Drug Class (NDC) directory and other Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved drugs.
- Quantity feature highlights units of service allowable per patient, per day, as listed in the Medically Unlikely Edits (MUEs) for enhanced accuracy on claims.
- Durable medical equipment, prosthetics, orthotics, and supplies (DMEPOS) indicators clearly identify supplies to report to durable medical third-party payers.
- Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) payment and status indicators show which codes are payable in the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System.
- Information on coverage provides alerts when codes have special instructions, are not valid or covered by Medicare, or may be paid at the carrier's discretion.
- Jurisdiction symbols show the appropriate contractor to be billed for suppliers submitting claims to Medicare contractors, Part B carriers, and Medicare administrative contractors submitting for DMEPOS services provided.
- Age/Sex edits identify codes for use only with patients of a specific age or sex.
- Physician Quality Reporting System icon identifies codes that are specific to PQRS measures.
- Spiral binding allows you to lay the book flat for convenient access in practice settings.
- Codingupdates.com website includes quarterly updates to HCPCS codes and content, and the opportunity to sign up for e-mail notifications of the newest updates.