product description page
Healthcare Teamwork : Interprofessional Practice and Education (Revised) (Paperback) (Theresa J. K.
About this item
Both comprehensive and accessible, this is an ideal resource for anyone who plans to teach or practice integrated, cost-effective healthcare in the 21st century.
• Explores the complexities of interprofessional teamwork and education, addressing both practice and teaching
• Discusses how patients are affected by healthcare providers who do not function as a cohesive team and looks at the patient's role in teamwork
• Offers a detailed model of interprofessional teamwork based on the authors' experience with a long-term, well-functioning interprofessional healthcare team
• Uses illustrative narratives and case studies to provide examples of the concepts and principles presented
• Includes a chapter based on interviews with patients and their caregivers to highlight experiences with functional and dysfunctional teams
• Presents new topics, such as critical areas of practice (primary care, long-term care, and transitions of care); ethical issues in teamwork; educational theory; the use of narrative; and challenges in sustaining interprofessional education