product description page
Henry's Clinical Diagnosis and Management by Laboratory Methods (Hardcover) (M.D. Richard A. McPherson)
About this item
Recognized as the definitive reference in laboratory medicine since 1908, Henry's Clinical Diagnosis continues to offer state-of-the-art guidance on the scientific foundation and clinical application of today's complete range of laboratory tests. Employing a multidisciplinary approach, it presents the newest information available in the field, includingnew developments in technologies and the automation platforms on which measurements are performed.
- Provides guidance on error detection, correction, and prevention, as well as cost-effective test selection.
- Features a full-color layout, illustrations and visual aids, and an organization based onorgan system.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experienceallows you to search all of the text, figures, images, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Features the latest knowledge on cutting-edge technologies of molecular diagnostics and proteomics.
- Includes a wealth of information on the exciting subject of omics; these extraordinarily complex measurements reflect important changes in the body and have the potential topredict the onset of diseases such as diabetes mellitus.
- Coverage of today's hottest topics includes advances in transfusion medicine and organ transplantation; molecular diagnostics in microbiology and infectious diseases; point-of-care testing; pharmacogenomics; and the microbiome.
- Toxicology and Therapeutic Drug Monitoring chapter discusses the necessity of testing for therapeutic drugs that are more frequently being abused by users.