$22.49When purchased online
About this item
Dimensions (Overall): 8.9 Inches (H) x 6.7 Inches (W) x .9 Inches (D)
Weight: 1.85 Pounds
Suggested Age: 22 Years and Up
Number of Pages: 336
Genre: Sports + Recreation
Publisher: Mountaineers Books
Author: Philip Kramer
Street Date: February 1, 2018
Item Number (DPCI): 247-37-1353
Origin: Made in the USA or Imported
About the BookThe most up-to-date, comprehensive guidebooks to one of the world's premier long-distance trails--designed for section hikers but providing invaluable information for thru hikers, as well.
Book Synopsis2018 Banff Mountain Book Competition Category Finalist in Guidebooks
- The final two (of four) volumes for the entire 2,650-mile Pacific Crest Trail (PCT)
- All-color photos, maps, elevation profiles, charts, and more
- Dream books--and precious gifts--for trail lovers everywhere
The Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail meanders north from California's border with Mexico to the entrance of Manning Provincial Park in British Columbia, on the Washington State-Canada border. It's a rigorous trail that has evolved since its earliest envisioning in 1926 to encompass approximately 2,650 miles of rich and varied terrain, traveling through some of the West Coast's most beautiful country. It inspires hikers of all ages and abilities to imagine the ultimate wilderness journey.
The Southern California and Northern California guides of Hiking the Pacific Crest Trail complete the four-volume set written for hikers planning to just tackle the trail sections in their nearby region, those who will chip away at pieces of the whole trail over a lifetime, or trekkers who set out in the SoCal desert and charge all the way to Canada. These are lushly attractive guidebooks--good reads and gorgeous to page through to boot--but they also offer invaluable hiking beta. Each volume focuses on section-by-section routes in each state (or region), and provides important details to help hikers plan and organize multi-night backpacks. Here's what's included with each expertly written guidebook:
- Trail sections that promote 4- to 10-night trips
- Smaller section legs allowing for easier planning and trail-time management
- Detailed camp-to-camp route descriptions
- Easy-to-understand route maps
- Clear references to the PCT's established system of section letters, designating trail segments from south to north, Mexico to Canada, so hikers can easily cross reference other trail resources
- Details on specific campsites
- Most reliable water sources
- Access to and from various trail sections
- Info on permits, hazards, restrictions, and more
- Alternate routes and connecting trails
- Key wilderness sights along the way
- Suggested itineraries
[Hiking the PCT: Northern California] details particulars such as top campsites, water sources, noteworthy side trips, road access, permits, gear, and views--with 150 full-color photographs you'll wish were poster-size.--Jess Chamberlain "Sunset Magazine"
Every year, hundreds of hikers embark on what amounts to a multi-month pilgrimage, while others choose to tackle shorter sections of the trek. This guidebook series is ideally suited for those section hikers.--Jessica Kutz "High Country News"
Philip Kramer's practical, beautiful Hiking the Pacific Crest Trail: Northern California is the first piece of PCT camping gear you should consider acquiring.--Kevin Hoover "Mad River Union"
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it.
Estimated ship dimensions: 0.9 inches length x 6.7 inches width x 8.9 inches height
Estimated ship weight: 1.85 pounds
We regret that this item cannot be shipped to PO Boxes.
This item can be returned to any Target store or Target.com.
This item must be returned within 90 days of the date it was purchased in store, shipped, delivered by a Shipt shopper, or made ready for pickup.
See the return policy for complete information.
More to consider
Hillbilly Elegy : A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis - Reprint by J. D. Vance (Paperback)