product description page
Hiring Greatness : How to Recruit Your Dream Team and Crush the Competition (Hardcover) (David E. Perry
About this item
The single greatest opportunity that an organization has to improve both performance and culture in one stroke lies in the hiring of a new executive—theright executive. The fresh thinking of a skilled leader has the potential to unleash innovation, empower employees, and generate wealth for the company. Similarly, a bad hire may mortally wound the organization and cause ripple effects throughout the entire economy.
The Hiring Bible contains valuable insider strategies and tactics—previously only known to a handful of America's wealthiest, elite head-hunters—to attract, recruit, and retain star executives. Authors David E. Perry and Mark J. Haluska have completed more than 1800 search projects across five continents, maintaining a 99.97% success rate, and negotiating more than $380 in salaries. Like magicians unveiling the hidden ‘tricks of the trade,' Perry and Haluska reveal:
- How to systematically secure—and retain—the perfect talent for your company
- How to keep recruiters from poaching your star executives (a good hire is relatively meaningless if they leave the company)
- Twenty-three questions you must ask a potential headhunter
- The language that makes your company the most compelling, and how HR lingo can repel the best talent
- Four critical turnoffs that drive great candidates away from top companies
One company created $3.8 million of market value each hour, for six months, simply by hiring the right leader.The Hiring Bible takes you behind the scenes of one of the world's most profitable and secretive industries, meticulously showing how any organization can make monumental hiring decisions that lead to massive success.