product description page
How to Be a Nurse or Midwife Leader (Paperback) (David Ashton & Jamie Ripman & Philippa Williams)
about this item
How to be a Nurse or Midwife Leader is an indispensable guide for all nurses and midwives who wish to develop and improve their practice as leaders. Written in collaboration with the NHS Leadership Academy, this practical book draws on the real experience of over 10,000 nurses and midwives to bring leadership dilemmas to life in specific situations.
Key learning features include:
- How to develop your self-awareness
- How to develop your personal impact and presence
- How to survive and thrive
- How to get your message across
- How to get the best out of others
- How to work with and lead other professionals and patients
- How to have courageous conversations
- How to balance conflicting demands and needs
Containing exercises and reflective questions to help apply theory to leadership practice, How to be a Nurse or Midwife Leader is an ideal companion for all nurses and midwives, whether you are newly qualified, or stepping into a team leader role.