About this item
Get Out Alive!
How to Survive Anything, Anywhere is a complete handbook of the urban and wilderness survival skills practiced by elite U.S. and U.K. military units. Dr. Chris McNab has collected expertise from both sides of the Atlantic, and reveals the fundamentals of survival for every environment, from the subzero arctic to the scorching desert--and for every scenario, from being lost in a trackless wilderness to being under attack in a city.
Each of more than 500 practical techniques is presented in easy-to-follow steps accompanied by 500 helpful illustrations that show you how to:
- Find your way in arctic, desert, jungle, or mountain terrain
- Identify edible plants
- Hunt, trap, and fish with jury-rigged tools
- Build fires and improvise cookware
- Locate underground water
- Construct shelters
- Perform first aid and use natural remedies for common diseases
- Stay safe in a car or on planes or trains, and know what to do in the event of an accident
- Keep your home safe--select security devices, construct a safe room, survive a house fire
- Defend yourself--know when to fight and learn realistic unarmed combat techniques
- Survive terrorist attacks--identify suspect packages, spot potential suicide bombers, take cover from explosions and gunfire
And, above all, how to think like a true survivor--even when things are at their worst.
Dr. Chris McNab is the author of Endurance Techniques (SAS Training Manual), Elite Forces Survival Guides, Living Off the Land, Martial Arts for Special Forces, and Urban Survival.