In just one hour a day, you'll learn the skills you need to design, create, and maintain a professional-looking website.
Learn how to...
- No previous experience required. By following each short, one-hour lesson in this book, anyone can learn the basics of web development.
- Learn at your own pace. You can work through each lesson sequentially to make sure you thoroughly understand all the concepts and methodologies, or you can focus on specific lessons to learn the techniques that interest you most.
- Test your knowledge. Each lesson ends with a Workshop section filled with questions, answers, and exercises for further study.
Contents at a Glance PART I: Getting Started
- Fully implement the HTML5 and CSS3 standards
- Work with text and create links
- Add images and graphics to your page
- Use CSS to style a site and position elements on a page
- Structure a page with HTML5
- Use responsive web design to make your pages look good on different-sized screens
- Design for the mobile web
- Get your site online and let people know it's there
- Optimize your site for search engines
1 What Is Web Publishing 2 Getting Your Tools in Order 3 Introducing HTML and CSS PART II: Creating Web Pages
4 Learning the Basics of HTML 5 Organizing Information with Lists 6 Working with Links PART III: Doing More with HTML and CSS
21 Designing for the Mobile Web 22 Designing for User Experience PART VI: Going Live on the Web
23 How to Publish Your Site 24 Taking Advantage of the Server 25 Search Engines and SEO