product description page
Human Machine Interface : Concepts and Projects (Paperback) (Samuel Guccione)
About this item
This groundbreaking text/lab manual introduces significant concepts in the fields of Human Machine Interface (HMI) and Programmable Logic Controllers. Hands-on, step-by-step activities provide experiences in creating various process-control applications with HMI devices and software—programming that enables an HMI system operator to interface and interact directly with the system. This book is ideal for introducing high school and college students, plus those in the professional fields of process control and automation, to the capabilities and potential of HMI.
- Introduces students and those in industry to the capabilities of Human Machine Interface.
- The text and activities, while ranging from basic to more advanced, assume no prior experience working with HMI devices and software.
- Readers experiment with programming that enables an HMI system operator to interface and interact directly with the system
- The many hands-on lab activities provide experience in creating and working with the type of process control applications that are used extensively in manufacturing.
- Includes key information on connecting HMI to Programmable Logic Controllers.
- Focuses primarily on Allen Bradley devices and Rockwell software, but concepts covered are that are applicable to various systems.