product description page
Humble Roots : How Humility Grounds and Nourishes Your Soul (Paperback) (Hannah Anderson)
about this item
Find abundant life in a humble life.
A lot of books these days are trying to diagnose our discontentment—too busy, too distracted, too ****** ourselves, too (fill-in-the-blank).
While many of us could do to simplify, peace is not about productivity or saying no or any other external. It’s about saying yes to our dependence on God. This is whatHumble Roots: How Humility Grounds and Nourishes Your Soul is all about.
Exploring Jesus’ “Come unto me” invitation, Philippians 2, and various texts from the Gospels, Hannah Anderson reveals:
- The cause, nature, and dangers of busyness and self-dependence
- The myriad benefits of humility
- What humility is (and isn’t), and why it’s essential to our identity
- How Christ modeled humility through His incarnation
- How humility plays out in our salvation and sanctification
- How to learn humility and walk in dependence on God
The reason many of us feel so unsettled is that we are attempting to be something we were never intended to be—it’s an internal issue. We need to recover a theology of creaturehood that leads to true abundance, andHumble Roots is the perfect place to start.