about this item
This comprehensive volume, often called the “HVAC bible,” has been thoroughly updated to cover the latest code changes, equipment, and techniques
HVAC Equations, Data, and Rules of Thumb, 3e offers all of the information an HVAC student or professional needs in one resource. The book thoroughly explains the expansion of piping systems and temperature limitations of new materials such as polyethylene, polypropylene, PVC, CPVC, and PEX. Detailed information is included for all types of facilities, including offices, hotels, hospitals, restaurants, commercial spaces, and computer rooms.
This practical handbook reflects all the latest code changes—including the ASHRAE standards—and explains how to interpret and put them to use. It includes completely updated coverage of new pumps, chillers, air handling units, cooling equipment, boilers, and pipe material. You will get complete coverage of sustainability organizations that have become more important since last edition, including LEED, USGBC, Energy Star.
- Features hundreds of equations and rules for everything from ductwork to air-handling systems
- Includes a brand-new chapter on sound, vibration, and acoustics
- Contains an updated list of equipment manufacturers for all products featured
The indispensable resource for all HVAC professionals?fully updated for the latest advances in the field
Featuring approximately 30% new or revised material, HVAC Equations, Data, and Rules of Thumb, Third Edition offers the most comprehensive collection of mechanical design information available. This new edition reflects changes to ASHRAE standards and codes, and includes updated information on and photos of new pumps, chillers, air handling units, cooling equipment, boilers, and pipe materials. It also lists the most common manufacturers for the types of equipment featured and covers LEED, USGBC, Energy Star, and other sustainability organizations.
- New chapter on sound, vibration, and acoustics
- Discusses temperature limitations of new materials such as polyethylene, polypropylene, PVC, CPVC, and PEX
- Includes conversion equations for global use
- Ideal study tool for the HVAC material on the Mechanical PE exam