product description page
Implementing Cisco Ip Routing Route Foundation Learning Guide : Ccnp Route 300-101 (Hardcover) (Diane
about this item
Now updated for Cisco’s new ROUTE 300-101 exam, Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) Foundation Learning Guide is your Cisco® authorized learning tool for CCNP® or CCDP® preparation. Part of the Cisco Press Foundation Learning Series, it teaches you how to plan, configure, maintain, and scale a modern routed network.
Focusing on Cisco routers connected in LANs and WANs at medium-to-large network sites, the authors show how to select and implement Cisco IOS services for building scalable, routed networks. They examine basic network and routing protocol principles in detail; introduce both IPv4 and IPv6; fully review EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP; explore enterprise Internet connectivity; cover routing updates and path control; and present today’s router security best practices.
Each chapter opens with a list of topics that clearly identifies its focus. Each chapter ends with a summary of key concepts for quick study, as well as review questions to assess and reinforce your understanding. Throughout, configuration and verification output examples illustrate critical issues in network operation and troubleshooting.
This guide is ideal for all certification candidates who want to master all the topics covered on the ROUTE 300-101 exam.
- Serves as the official book for the newest version of the Cisco Networking Academy CCNP ROUTE course
- Includes all the content from the newest Learning@Cisco ROUTE course and information on each of the ROUTE exam topics
- Compares basic routing protocol features and limitations
- Examines RIPv2 and RIPng
- Covers EIGRP operation and implementation for both IPv4 and IPv6
- Explores OSPFv2 implementation, and OSPFv3 for both IPv4 and IPv6
- Discusses network performance optimization via routing updates
- Introduces path control with Cisco Express Forwarding (CEF) switching, policy-based routing (PBR), and service level agreements (SLAs)
- Addresses enterprise Internet connectivity via single or redundant ISP connections
- Explains BGP terminology, concepts, operation, configuration, verification, and troubleshooting
- Covers securing the management plane of Cisco routers using authentication and other recommended practices
- Presents self-assessment review questions, chapter objectives, and summaries to facilitate effective studying
Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) Foundation Learning Guide is a Cisco authorized, self-paced learning tool for CCNP preparation. This book teaches readers how to design, configure, maintain, and scale routed networks that are growing in size and complexity. The book covers all routing principles covered in the CCNP Implementing Cisco IP Routing course.
As part of the Cisco Press Self-Study series, Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) Foundation Learning Guide provides comprehensive foundation learning for the CCNP ROUTE exam. This revision to the popular Foundation Learning Guide format for Advanced Routing at the Professional level is fully updated to include complete coverage of all routing topics covered in the new Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) course. The proposed book is an intermediate-level text, which assumes that readers have been exposed to beginner-level networking concepts contained in the CCNA (ICND1 and ICND2) certification curriculum. No previous exposure to the CCNP level subject matter is required, so the book provides a great deal of detail on the topics covered.
Each chapter opens with a list of objectives to help focus the reader?s study. Configuration exercises at the end of each chapter and a master lab exercise that ties all the topics together in the last chapter help illuminate theoretical concepts. Key terms will be highlighted and defined throughout. Each chapter will conclude with a summary to help review key concepts, as well as review questions to reinforce the reader?s understanding of what was covered.