product description page
Implementing Directaccess With Windows Server 2016 (Paperback) (Richard Hicks)
About this item
This book explains how to plan, design, and implement a secure remote access solution using DirectAccess and VPN in Windows Server 2016. Remote access has been included in the Windows operating system for many years—with each new operating system release, new features and capabilities have been included to allow network engineers and security administrators to provide remote access in a secure and cost-effective manner.
To complement DirectAccess, Window Server 2016 also includes support for traditional client-based VPN for non-managed devices. VPN in Windows Server 2016 includes support for secure, modern protocols ensuring security and privacy for authorized users connecting from anywhere outside of the office.
Implementing DirectAccess with Windows Server provides a high-level overview of how DirectAccess works. It outlines the vision and evolution of and explains business cases and market drivers. It compares and contrasts DirectAccess with traditional VPN and describes the Windows platform technologies that make up this solution. In addition, this book:
- Includes high-level information that details how the technology works and what specific IT pain points it addresses.
- Includes detailed, prescriptive guidance for those tasked with implementing secure remote access solutions using Windows Server 2016.
- Serves as an important technical reference for those engineers responsible for supporting DirectAccess and VPN with Windows Server 2016 and previous operating systems.
- Addresses real-world scenarios and offers deep, technical explanations for the various supporting technologies.
What you’ll learn
- A high-level understanding of the various remote access technologies included in Windows Server 2016.
- Common uses cases for remote access, and how best to deploy them in a secure, stable, reliable, and highly available manner.
- Valuable insight in to design best practices and learn how to implement DirectAccess and VPN with Windows Server 2016 according to deployment best practices.
Who This Book Is For
IT administrators, network, and security administrators and engineers, systems management professionals, compliance auditors, and IT executive management (CIO, CISO) are the target audience for this title.