product description page
In the Dust of the Rabbi Discovery Guide : Learning to Live As Jesus Lived (Paperback) (Ray Vander Laan)
about this item
This five-session small group Bible study, In the Dust of the Rabbi, by noted teacher and historian, Ray Vander Laan, is volume six of the 12-part Faith Lessons series. In this volume, Vander Laan helps you experience Jesus’ life up close and personal.
Filmed on location in Israel, Faith Lessons is a unique video series that brings God's Word to life with astounding relevance. By weaving together the Bible's fascinating historical, cultural, religious, and geographical contexts, teacher and historian Ray Vander Laan reveals unique insights into the Scriptures' significance for modern believers.
The In the Dust of the RabbiDiscovery Guide includes five sessions. Each lesson:
- Focuses on passages of Scripture explored in the DVD
- Includes sidebars, maps, photos and other study tools
- Features questions that facilitate discussion and inspire personal reflection
- Includes 25 personal Bible studies to help you deepen your learning experience between sessions, and turn lessons from the past into applications that impact how you live out your faith today.
The companion DVD for In the Dust of the Rabbi was filmed on location in Galilee, Priene, and Didyma.
These illuminating "faith lessons" afford a new understanding of the Bible that will ground your convictions and transform your life. The Faith Lessons video series is ideal for use in small groups, personal and family Bible studies, and adult Sunday school. Individual believers and families will gain vital insights from long-ago times and cultures through this innovative approach to Bible study.
This Discovery Guide is designed for use with the In the Dust of the Rabbi DVD (sold separately).
- When the Rabbi Says, “Come” – Filmed in Galilee
- When the Rabbi Says, “Go” – Filmed in Galilee
- The Presence of God: A Countercultural Community – Filmed in Priene
- Living Stones – Filmed in Priene
- The Very Words of God – Filmed in Didyma