product description page
Infant Feeding (Paperback) (Joyce Marshall & Helen Baston & R.N. Jenny Hall)
about this item
This addition to the popular Midwifery Essentials series continues to help readers understand and master a range of core issues safely and with confidence!
Written by leading midwifery academics, each book in the series provides a user- friendly source of information which has been fully updated throughout to reflect the latest evidence-base for current practice. Now with an improved design to make learning as easy as possible, each paperback in the series focuses on the importance of communication and contemporary women-centred care and presents helpful 'scenarios' to encourage debate and reflection. Special features include:
- Helpful 'jigsaw' approach enables readers explore specific topics from a variety of perspectives e.g. effective communication, team working and promotes health
- Explains the professional and legal issues surrounding current practice
- Chapters designed to be read as a 'standalone' or in succession
- Makes reference to the latest national and international guidelines
- Embraces the principles of 'Better Birth'
The Midwifery Essentials series is ideal for all midwives - whether qualified or in training - and is also helpful to nurses and HCAs working in the maternity environment.