product description page
Integrated Early Childhood Behavioral Health in Primary Care : A Guide to Implementation and Evaluation
About this item
This book provides a step-by-step guide to integrating early childhood behavioral health care into primary care with hands-on advice for creating, implementing, and evaluating programs. It discusses the unique advantages of pediatric primary care as a setting for mental health services from birth into the early school years, particularly for addressing parent/child stress and trauma issues. Contributors illustrate in depth how bringing behavioral health into pediatric services can engender care that is replicable and sustainable, not only cost-effective but also clinically effective. Guidelines and case examples from frontline practitioners highlight typical challenges and workable recommendations.
Among the featured topics:
• The fit between early intervention programs and primary care.
• Staffing, workforce development, and funding issues.
• On-the-job teamwork concerns, from time constraints to continuity of care.
• Culturally competent care geared toward key child care issues.
• Intervening with parents of young children in the integrated pediatric setting.
Integrated Early Childhood Behavioral Health in Primary Care is an essential resource for clinicians/practitioners, graduate students, and researchers in child and school psychology, pediatrics, and social work.
Genre: Psychology, Social Science
Publisher: Springer Verlag
Street Date: August 27, 2016
Item Number (DPCI): 248-26-1302
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.