product description page
Intel Xeon Phi Processor High Performance Programming : Knights Landing Edition (Paperback) (James
About this item
Intel Xeon Phi Processor High Performance Programming, Knights Landing Edition, Second Edition,is a practical guide to code development for Intel’s Xeon Phi coprocessor. To ensure that your applications run at maximum efficiency, the authors emphasize key techniques that are essential to programming any modern parallel computing system whether based on Intel Xeon processors, Intel Xeon Phi coprocessors, or other high performance microprocessors. Applying these techniques will increase your program performance on any system, and better prepare you for the Xeon Phi Knights Landing coprocessor.
The book starts by providing a brief level setting overview of Intel’s “Knights Landing including Xeon Phi and Xeon architectures, and then quickly uses simple but informative code examples to explain the unique aspects of the new Knights Landing chipset. It then dives deeper into the meat of the hardware and software architecture that is behind the high performing examples, explaining the tools, development environment, and coding best practices to successfully leverage wide vectors, many cores, many threads, and high bandwidth cache/memory architecture.
- Discusses how to leverage parallel programming best practices on Intel Xeon Phi Knights Landing
- Explains portable, high-performance computing in a familiar and proven threaded, scalar-vector programming model
- Features input from Intel insiders with key insights and under-the-hood tips
- Offers new content and new examples demonstrating the KNL architecture
- Includes downloadable source code and supplemental material from the book's companion web page