product description page
Intermediate Written Chinese : Read and Write Mandarin Chinese As the Chinese Do (Bilingual) (Paperback)
About this item
This is an intermediate-level course in written Chinese that employs a revolutionary new method designed to have you quickly reading and writing simple, connected Chinese sentences.The Basic Chinese and Intermediate Chinese books provide separate but integrated "tracks" to help you learn to read, write and speak Chinese efficiently at your own pace. Some students and teachers wish to emphasize speaking ability first, whereas others wish to focus on learning to read and write Chinese at the same time.Intermediate Written Chinese allows you the flexibility to learn the spoken language and the written Chinese at your own pace.
- Learn to use 288 high frequency characters, and over 700 common words written with them.
- Carefully designed to have you quickly reading and writing connected Chinese sentences.
- Both simplified and traditional characters are taught throughout; you may choose to learn one or both.
- Features a variety of fonts in both typeset and handwritten styles, to prepare you to use Chinese in many different contexts—from reading signs and newspapers, to computers and mobile phone texts.
- Hours of native-speaker recordings and practice sheets, plus printable flash cards on the enclosed CD-ROM.
- Over 6 hours of audio by several native Mandarin speakers.
- Recordings of all reading selection.
- Additional characters.
- New vocabulary.
Number of Pages: 384
Genre: Foreign Language Study, Language + Art + Disciplines
Publisher: Tuttle Pub
Author: Cornelius C. Kubler
Street Date: January 12, 2016
Item Number (DPCI): 248-07-6507
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.