product description page
International and Comparative Education : Contemporary Issues and Debates (Hardcover)
About this item
International and Comparative Education offers detailed and wide-ranging illustrations of the ways in which comparison can illuminate our understanding of contemporary education systems by exploring issues in relation to specific educational sectors, from early years and primary schooling, through to further, adult and higher education.
Key areas and debates examined include:
- Alternative education provision
- Early years pedagogy and training
- Spiritual, moral, social and cultural development in primary schooling
- Work-related learning in secondary schools
- The world of private tutoring
- Economic austerity and further education
- Apprenticeships and vocational education
- Adult education and training
- Higher education in a globalised world
- Teacher training and international rankings.
Drawing on these wide-ranging themes across a number of national contexts to provoke critical thinking and reflection, each chapter includes discussion points and further reading, providing a valuable resource for all Education Studies students.