product description page
International and Comparative Education : Contemporary Issues and Debates (Paperback)
About this item
International and Comparative Education offers detailed and wide-ranging illustrations of the ways in which comparison can illuminate our understanding of contemporary education systems by exploring issues in relation to specific educational sectors, from early-years and primary schooling, through to further, adult and higher education.
Key areas and debates examined include:
- Alternative education provision
- Early-years pedagogy and training
- Spiritual, moral, social and cultural development in primary schooling
- Work-related learning in secondary schools
- The world of private tutoring
- Economic austerity and further education
- Apprenticeships and vocational education
- Adult education and training
- Higher education in a globalised world
- Teacher training and international rankings.
Drawing on these wide-ranging themes across a number of national contexts to provoke critical thinking and reflection, each chapter includes discussion points and further reading, providing a valuable resource for all Education Studies students.