product description page
International Economics : A Heterodox Approach (Paperback) (Hendrik Van Den Berg)
About this item
Now in its third edition, this textbook covers all of the standard topics taught in undergraduate International Economics courses. However, the book is unique in that it presents the key orthodox neoclassical models of international trade and investment, whilst supplementing them with a variety of heterodox approaches. This pluralist approach is intended to give economics students a more realistic understanding of the international economy than standard textbooks can provide.
Changes to the new edition include:
- Updates throughout to reflect recent world events, including coverage of recent trade negotiations and the Greek crisis;
- Expanded discussion of pluralist approaches with more coverage of alternative schools of thought;
- Additional real world examples;
- Increased coverage of environmental issues; transnational corporations and their behaviour in the international economy; the difference between international investment and international finance; and monetary history;
- A consolidated and updated chapter on international banking;
- Vastly increased coverage of immigration issues.