product description page
Internationalization and Managing Networks in the Asia Pacific (Hardcover)
about this item
Internationalization and Managing Networks in the Asia Pacific consists of theories and analysis related to network management, the power of business networking as well as the significance and role that business networking plays in propelling organizations towards international business, especially in the Asian region. Moreover, it includes stakeholder theory and applications of relevant theories to assist in identifying key stakeholders in the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC). The first section contains various fascinating headings such as analysis of stakeholders’ needs, negotiation techniques with stakeholders, relationship management with stakeholders and the role of network management in expanding international business within Asia.
The second section emphasises internationalisation theories and empirical evidence with case studies of Asian multinational companies that have succeeded in expanding abroad such as Singaporean, Taiwanese, Thai, Malaysian and Indonesian companies. These help provide guidelines of analysis for the adaptations these companies made to internationalise successfully, market penetration strategies used for the AEC and international expansion of Asian companies across countries in Asia and other continents.
Furthermore, a debate is incorporated to provide information to readers on applications of business networking and internationalisation theories, best practices as well as develop policy recommendations and discuss the role of the public sector in supporting overseas expansion of the private sector.
- consists of two interesting and important topics about network management and internationalisation.
- focuses on the role of Asian companies including international activities includes case studies and empirical evidence from works by researchers and experts on network management and international business expansion.
- provides policy advice to the public sectors within Asia on formulating and implementing policies.
- offers insight into the role of the public sector in supporting international business activities of the private sector.
- be of interest to readers and individuals (both academia and practitioners) who are interested in exploring and understanding the successful internationalisation strategies of Asian firms and interactions between the public and private sectors.