About this item
Since the first edition of this landmark textbook published in 2004, online shopping has grown exponentially to the point that it now threatens to eclipse the high street. Its impact on consumer behaviour too has been profound. Online retail offers both advantages and challenges that are distinct from traditional commerce, yet there are still very few textbooks dedicated to internet retailing.
This long-awaited new edition provides a thorough and substantial update to its solid core principle. The underlying principles of e-retailing and its relationship with conventional retail methods are explained clearly and practically to provide students, entrepreneurs and researchers with a reliable guide to the implementation and operation of a successful online retailing business.
Updates to this edition include
- Search Engine Optimization
- New and updated case studies, including new cases on Ray-Ban's "virtual mirror" and IKEA's mobile interactive catalogue
- Integration of social networks
- New chapter on ubiquitous retailing
- A brand new companion website to support tutors
With accessibly written features such as key learning points, questions, think points and further reading, Internet Retailing and Future Perspectives is ideal for anyone using, studying or researching e-commerce.