product description page
Intraoperative Neurophysiology : A Comprehensive Guide to Monitoring and Mapping - (Hardcover)
About this item
Completely revised and updated second edition of the leading reference on intraoperative neurophysiology, this book covers IOM from the most basic theoretical and technical concepts to the most sophisticated procedures, placing them within the specific surgical context. Written by a multidisciplinary team of experts from Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School, Intraoperative Neurophysiology provides a step-by-step approach to monitoring and mapping for a wide variety of complex surgical procedures by progressively building on prior learned material. Covering everything from set-up to troubleshooting and medical management, this book presents an integrated blueprint for choosing the right tests and customizing IOM procedures to the demands of each surgical challenge.
Comprehensive in scope and filled with over 650 helpful illustrations, tables, and neurophysiologic recordings to aid interpretative understanding, this expanded edition includes practical examples of monitoring and mapping and details the importance of an individualized approach to IOM. A highly visual book, it continues to serve as a primary resource for physicians and technologists involved in monitoring to help reduce the operative risk of neurological damage in surgical patients.
New to the Second Edition:
- Extensively broadened coverage of critical topics including mapping procedures brain mapping, and primary neurophysiologic testing in the operating room
- Six entirely new chapters on pediatric neuromonitoring, cerebral aneurysms, electrocorticography, deep brain stimulation, intradural extramedullary tumors, and cardiac procedures
- Enhanced decompressive and deformity correction surgery chapters with added description of surgical steps and mechanisms of injury
- Over 650 high-quality images to enrich and instruct readers
- Appendix with 100 Q&As with detailed rationales that tie back to the chapters
- Includes digital access to the eBook