product description page
Intravenous Medications 2016 : A Handbook for Nurses and Health Professionals (Paperback) (R.N. Betty L.
About this item
Use the #1 IV drug handbook to safely administer more than 400 intravenous drugs! Gahart'sIntravenous Medications: A Handbook for Nurses and Health Professionals has been trusted for more than 40 years for its accuracy, quick-reference format, and comprehensive coverage. Whether you prefer the portable print book or the eBook, each drug monograph includes the drug's generic name, trade name(s), drug category, pH, dosages and dose adjustments, dilution, incompatibilities, rate of administration, actions, indications and uses, contraindications, precautions, drug/lab interactions, side effects, and antidote. Compiled by nurse consultant Betty Gahart and pharmacist Adrienne Nazareno, this resource contains all of the information you need for the safe administration of IV drugs - nothing more than is needed, and nothing less.
- UNIQUE! Published annually to ensure that you have essential information on the most recently approved IV drugs, as well as updated information on existing drugs.
- UNIQUE! Over 400 IV drug monographs provide coverage of more drugs than any comparable handbook.
- UNIQUE! Time-tested, easy-to-use page layout keeps all dosage information for each drug on either a single page or a two-page spread to prevent hand contamination by having to turn a page.
- UPDATED! Drug side effects are reorganized according to frequency, seriousness, and other important considerations.
- Black Box Warnings and highlighting of key content make locating key information fast and easy.
- Dilution and dosage charts within monographs provide quick access to essential clinical information.
- Age-specific dosage variances are highlighted for geriatric, pediatric, infant, and neonatalpatients.
- Spiral binding makes the book convenient to use in the clinical setting.
- Alphabetical format organizes all drug monographs by generic name, allowing you to find any drug in seconds.
- More than 100 lesser-used IV drugs may be accessed on the Evolve website.
- NEW! 9-11 new drug monographs provide you with current, clinically relevant drug information for new IV drugs recently approved by the FDA.
- NEW! Updated drug monographs reflect the latest changes in IV drug therapy.
- NEW! Do Not ConfuseWith information is added at the top of each applicable monograph to enhance medication safety, and the Evolve companion website includes a link to the ISMP list ofDo Not Confuse drug names.
- NEW! Thumb tabson left-hand pages are added to the standard right-hand thumb tabs, making it easy to look up drug monographs from either side.